Client projects that represent our engineering capabilities
= Green Engineering Project)
Innovative Industrial Solutions
- Analyzed, invented, and developed means to rapidly manufacture a product that
required heating to a required component reaction temperature followed by rapid
cooling. Method devised is described in Patent 7,022,274. Designed, directed
fabrication and startup of manufacturing process implementing method.
- Developed mathematical model to predict the time required to heat a bag of a
powdered product to sterilization temperatures, with the bags being stacked on
a pallet and placed in a large industrial oven. Recommended means and methods
to minimize the time while achieving required sterilization.
- Developed methods to increase throughput of precision optical component
- Designed and fabricated systems to handle components for a large semi-conductor
- Developed laboratory analytical systems for development of holographic products
used in edge-lit displays.
- Invented a way to replicate holograms to film without need for elimination of
vibration sources. Fabricated five machines based on this invention.
- Re-designed automotive air-conditioning service equipment.
- Developed a device structure and prototype manufacturing methodology for a
hygiene swab specific for cleaning and sterilizing ear piercings for jewelry. Guided
client in patent application and
analyzed FDA approval requirements.
- Invented particle analyzer that worked in dusty environments.
- Developed method to replicate holograms without the need for
- Developed method to analyze particles in paint.
- Developed electrical controls for fully automatic trailer load product. Used a
A/B Pico PLC to control pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders to move trailer wheels
to a correct weight-balanced position under the trailer.
- Developed project to implement client’s patent for onboard hydraulic system to
move rear axle set on 18-wheel trucks to adjust wheel loading.
- Evaluated laboratory methods for detecting rotational position of polarizing optical
fibers, using optical bench and instruments. Derivation of an analytical procedure to
imbed in hardware to calculate angular movement of fiber to orient polarization axes correctly for bonding. Design of micro clamp to hold fiber and lenses (included in
claims in Pat. 6,984,077).
- Built and utilized device to measure the effective thermal conductivity of a granular
product in order to model process heating times.
- Analyzed impact force of loaded forklifts on manhole cover regarding the potential
of the forklift to shear off cover hold down screws and exposing pit.
- Commercialized patented software to minimize film consumption for multiple-image
CAT scan and MRI studies, including obtaining FDA Class II certificate for client.
- Developed electronic interface and GUI (graphic user interface) for a veterinary direct
digital radiography system.
- Adapted direct digital radiography system to veterinary use by hardware
Automated Manufacturing Control, Computer-aided Strain
- Evaluated the electrical safety of a device for in vivo blood processing in development
and specification of procedure for electrical safety testing conforming to IEC 601.
- Identified cause of early life lubrication failure in refrigerant compressors used by
automotive and field HVAC technicians.
Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics
- Developed automation for a product manufacturing process. Developed a control
system, based on programmable logic controllers
(PLC,) and graphical interface
to manufacture product at five independent stations. The process included feeding
material into each station, pressure and heat treatment, and unloading product.
- Analyzed beam strength and structural requirements for a 30-meter overhead beam
to support rail car wash crew with fall protection gear.
- Evaluated safety and stability of mobile electronic signage structure during road
transport and susceptibility to high winds when in place.
- Evaluated medical device susceptibility and patient safety in U.S.
- Developed heat transfer models for major client with line of heat exchangers built of
PTFE (e.g., Teflon® and related acid resistant materials, used typically in
electroplating and chemical process industries.) Translated 25-year-old FORTRAN
listings to PC-utilizable coding; simplified and/or upgraded algorithms.
upgraded design prints, converting to CAD.
- Analyzed microwave drying of humid air being sampled for detection of airborne
toxins. Provided computer program to client to calculate time to dry as a function
of field strength, humidity, and airflow. Part of a larger Equipment
Engineering Services program to demonstrate feasibility of system for field adaptation.
- Analysis for major drinking water fountain manufacturer on means and methods to
passivate copper tubing used in manufacture in order to meet new, more stringent
EPA standards for copper in drinking water. (Green)
- Analysis for manufacturer of heat up rate and thermal stress in product exposed to
- Laboratory measurement of dynamics of a gas jet exiting a small orifice at
supersonic velocity. Correlation of data to show
velocity profiles as a function of
distance from orifice.
- Fluid dynamic analysis of blood flow fluid dynamics for in vivo blood processing
device in development.
About Us Projects